As many of you will be aware, the government recently announced that dental practices in England will be allowed to reopen from the 8thJune. We are now offering Face to Face appointments via telephone triage.
These are some of the tasks we have completed to ensure the safety of our patients and staff:
How will I know when the practice is open again?
You can call us on 0208 4221857
What appointments will be available ?
The treatments we offer will be gradually phased. We will be providing emergency appointments and will carry out non aerosol generating procedures (AGP’s). AGP’s involve the use of the dental drill and have a higher risk of viral transmission. These appointments will be gradually introduced at a later date.
Dental emergencies that require urgent dental care and attention are as follows:
- Life threatening emergencies, e.g. airway restriction or breathing/swallowing difficulties due to facial swelling – these require hopsital admission and you should call 999 if you are having breathing or swallowing difficulty
- Trauma including facial/oral laceration and/or dentoalveolar injuries, for example avulsion of a permanent tooth
- Oro-facial swelling that is significant and worsening especially if accompanied by elevated temperature.
- Post-extraction bleeding that the patient is not able to control with local measures
- Dental conditions that have resulted in acute and severe systemic illness
- Severe dental and facial pain: that is, pain that cannot be controlled by the patient following self-help advice
- Fractured teeth or tooth with pulpal exposure
- Dental and soft tissue infections without a systemic effect
- Oro-dental conditions that are likely to exacerbate systemic medical conditions
Thank you very much for your understanding during this difficult time.
From all the team at Eastcote Lane Dental Practice